In what is both one of the bigger tech acquisitions and recruitment stories of the year, the Japanese firm Recruit Holdings is set to buy Glassdoor in a deal worth $1.2bn. The buyer, which also owns recruitment site Indeed.com, will gain access to a vast database of employee reviews, salary data and a huge volume of active job seekers. Glassdoor is also the second-largest job site in the US – the largest being Indeed – so the synergies are obvious, especially if the new owner opts to further integrate the two sites. Whether this justifies the gigantic valuation is another question entirely – the barrier to entry for new rivals doesn’t seem especially high to me, leaving the sector very open to further disruption. But Glassdoor, which has 30m members worldwide, is already growing faster than LinkedIn, Indeed and Monster, so what lessons can employers learn from it?
Finding real leadership is tough.
We put in the hard work.
Executive Search by Martin Tripp Associates
Business-critical leadership roles from C-suite to senior management
50+ years’ experience in media, information, technology and entertainment
Based in London, we have worked on leadership roles across five continents.
ETHICAL, RELENTLESS, PASSIONATE, INFORMED
We always put our clients’ interests first, and work exclusively on each search. Once we are engaged on a role, we do not give up. We will only take on a client if we can share their passion. Our job is to keep on top of changes in the market so we can help our clients stay ahead of the curve.
Martin and Matt, the founders, have between them over forty years' experience in the media and information sector both as headhunters and operators. They head our teams of consultants and researchers who have made placements across multiple industries around the world.
- 2 days agoCall for action on UK's screenwriter gender inequality https://t.co/huI4WsxvHJ Reply Retweet Favorite
- 2 days agoJust 16% of screenwriters in UK film are women, study finds https://t.co/4YdEE54Be2 Reply Retweet Favorite
- 5 days agoWill Gompertz reviews Childish Gambino's This is America video ★★★★☆ https://t.co/0Cs270SGLv Reply Retweet Favorite
- 5 days agoBen Makuch of Vice takes on police in Supreme Court https://t.co/k2lWr5mk9t Reply Retweet Favorite
- 5 days agoBBC News - Gender inequality: Stars tell world leaders poverty is sexist https://t.co/ht7zzVDNxo Reply Retweet Favorite